Edward Walker, a landscape painter and etcher, was born in Bradford; he was the brother of John Doddy Walker.
Edward studied at Bradford School of Art, 1895-1900 and the Royal College of Art, 1900-06. Between 1906 and 1908 he was Head of the Design Department at Sheffield Technical School of Art. From 1908 – 11 he was Head of the Art Department at London County Council Paddington Technical Institute. From 1911- 21 he was Director of Art at Cheltenham Ladies College, and in 1921 was appointed as Head of Scarborough School of Art.
He exhibited at the Royal Cambrian Academy, Royal Academy, Royal Birmingham Society of Artists, Royal Glasgow Institute of Fine Arts, Walker Art Gallery, Liverpool, Royal Institute of Painters in Watercolours and the Royal Society of British Artists.
Walker contributed work to the ‘Recording Britain’ collection in the V&A Museum – 1500 images of Britain recorded at the start of World War Two at a time of imminent change.
During the years after World War Two he produced artwork for posters issued by the LNER.