Arthur “Leslie” Harradine (1887–1965) was one of Royal Doulton’s premier, and most prolific, figurine modellers from 1920 until the mid-1950s.
Born Arthur Leslie Harradine in Lambeth to Charles Percy, a solicitor’s clerk, and Jessie Harradine (nee Tealby) in 1887. He first joined the Doulton Lambeth studio as an apprentice in 1902 working under George Tinworth while studying part-time at the Camberwell School of Arts. He went on to qualify and work in the Royal Doulton design department.
His main interest lay in clay sculpture and the design of free-standing figures and he produced several prototypes for these which came to the attention of Charles Noke the Royal Doulton art director in Burslem.